Thug who charged at cops said: 'I'm going to f---ing kill you copper dogs'

Orion Harding outside court.
Orion Harding outside court.

A VIOLENT offender awaiting sentence for an attack on two paramedics threatened to kill two police officers only a few weeks before the sentence was handed down.

Orion Harding, 26, attacked the ambulance workers, including a female employee, in Wahgunyah in November 17, 2018.

While awaiting sentence, Harding again turned on emergency workers in West Albury on February 26.

Police, fearing for their safety, were forced to use capsicum spray on Harding, which caused him to drop to the ground in tears.

They had been called to a West Albury home about 9.20pm amid concerns he was heavily drunk and abusive.

The officers spoke to the occupant, who told police they weren't required as he could handle Harding himself.

But Harding came outside, swore at police and repeatedly said he would bash them.

His friend managed to get him back inside the house, but he didn't calm down.

Albury Local Court heard the officers were about to leave when Harding came "charging" out of the home towards them.

"I'm going to f---ing kill you copper dogs, I'm going to run right through you," he screamed at them.

The constable and senior constable took out their capsicum spray and Harding ran at them.

"Your mace doesn't f---ing affect me," he said.

"I'm going to bash you ----s.

"I'm going to run right through you."

The 26-year-old was sprayed in his face and despite the tough talk, he dropped to the ground in tears, screaming.

He was handcuffed and taken to the police station, where he broke a water dispenser used to decontaminate people after being sprayed.

The police force is seeking compensation for the damage to the dispenser and a pipe.

The court heard he had an extensive criminal history for offending including sexual assault, aggravated burglary, drug supply and assaulting emergency workers.

His Albury matters will return to court on June 25.

He had been ordered to perform 300 hours of community work and fined $500 in March for the Wahgunyah attack on the paramedics.

The Victorian matters will be heard before the county court at a later date.