Fire at Manning Street restaurant kitchen

All is well at Olive & Vine after a scare in the kitchen earlier this afternoon.
All is well at Olive & Vine after a scare in the kitchen earlier this afternoon.

UPDATE at 4.40pm

The fire in a Manning Street restaurant was contained to the Olive & Vine kitchen.

A staff member told the Kiama Independent a gas bottle caught alight.

The staff member said he was able to put the fire out before fire crews arrived.

EARLIER at 3.40pm

Firefighters have reported a fire at a Manning Street restaurant kitchen on Tuesday afternoon.

The structure, across the road from Surf Beach, Kiama, caught alight just before 3.20pm.

NSW Fire and Rescue Kiama and Shellharbour crews and a NSW Rural Fire Service crew have been dispatched to 87 Manning Street.

It is understood the fire may have affected ‘Olive and Vine’ or ‘Waves on the Beach’, businesses operating at the address.