The Illawarra Table Football Club is hosting their first major tournament of subbuteo in Kiama on March 11.
The club will also host a smaller warm up WASPA "FAST 15" tournament on March 10 in the 1st Kiama Scout Group Hall overlooking Kiama Harbour.
The event is an Australian Table Football Association ATFA approved FISTF satellite event, which means official FISTF World ranking points are on offer to competitors.
The tournament is attracting between 16 and 20 adult and junior players from the local area, Sydney and as far away as Melbourne.
The tournament is open to anyone to register of any age or skill level.
Organisers hope the tournament will showcase Table Football in the Illawarra to potential new players and members.
What is table football?
Table Football (also known as Subbuteo) and not to be confused with Foosball, is a game played on a felt playing pitch on a board. Players flick their miniature figures at a small ball with the aim to score like in real soccer.
It is often described as a game crossed between soccer, snooker and chess.
Registration closes midnight on Thursday, March 8.
Schedule (times to be confirmed)
Saturday, March 10
- 1pm to 3pm: Venue setup and practice session.
- 3pm: Warm-up WASPA "Fast 15" event (15 minute match tournament).
- 5pm: Illawarra Open FISTF satellite draw.
- 6:30pm: Dinner (venue to be confirmed).
Sunday, March 11
- 8:15am: Venue Open and Illawarra Open FISTF satellite player registration.
- 9am: Illawarra Open round 1 matches kick off.
- After 2pm: Knockout rounds and consolation WASPA event.
- 5pm to 6pm: Winners presentation.
Want more from the Kiama Independent? Try these: